Technique and practice for preparing and serving high-quality espresso and cappuccino.
The course is meant to provide the participants with the most complete and utter knowledge about the coffee world, starting from the botany all the way up to the cup.
The goal of this module is to cover the topics in a very detailed and deep manner, in order to provide the participants with concepts and suggestions of technical and cognitive nature about the Barista profession in all of its facets.
TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED
To all the Bar, Food Service and Hospitality industry professionals willing to investigate the culture of high-quality coffee, to hone the acquired skills, to explore coffee and milk new preparation techniques, in order to guarantee a high quality standard and an accurate service to clients.
- The green coffee journey: cultivation, harvest, processing and selection
- The coffee sack journey: from the producer to the roaster
- The roasted coffee journey: roasting, stocking and packaging
- The espresso coffee journey: blend, grinding, dosing and pressing
- The blend: selection, composition and taste balance
- Arabica and Robusta: the different aromatic and tasting characteristics
- The processing methods (natural – washed – semi-washed) and the influence over taste
- The grinding: the proper use of the traditional and the “on demand” grinder
- The influence of dosing over coffee body and taste
- Techniques for uniformly distributing the dose in preparation for the pressing
- Channeling causes analysis
- Analysis of how different supplying times can cause an under-extraction and an over-extraction, therefore changing the espresso taste
- The water characteristics: influence over the extraction, sweetening and filtering methods
- The extraction through the use of scientific instruments: refractometer, vst, pH-meter
- The station: efficacy, cleaning, order
- The milk composition: the role of proteins and fats during the frothing stage
- The milk frothing practical tests
- The pouring practical tests for the perfect cappuccino preparation
- The correct micro-texture for Latte Art
- The proper preparation for coffee-based drinks
Tel +39 089 301696
Theoretical and practical
180€ + IVA
Accademia Trucillo and/or external locations
This course is also valid as a preparation for the SCA Coffee Diploma System certification: “Barista Skills Intermediate”.