ESPRESSO ITALIANO SPECIALIST
The theoretical and technical knowledge for accomplishing the qualification to serve the Certified Italian Espresso.
(In cooperation with the International Institute of Coffee Tasters)
The Italian espresso represents the main source of income for many businesses and everyone looks at it as one of the elements distinguishing professionalism, recalling clients and determining the customer level of satisfaction.
The Italian espresso is therefore a strategic kind of consumption because of its ability to generate an immediate and long-term profile.
Obtaining the espresso maximum result is not easy: on the one hand its preparation requires a deep know-how about the blend quality, the grinding and extracting techniques, on the other hand there are economic restrictions playing an essential role over the economic margins achievable from the cup.
As a result, for those willing to become Italian Espresso Specialist a qualifying course has been developed, in order to learn how to reach global quality and maximum satisfaction for both the consumer and the businessman with its suppliers.
The certification accomplished through the Italian Espresso Specialist course is valid for qualifying the operator under the Certified Italian Espresso.
- The blend purchase and management: how to evaluate the sensory quality and the price/quality ratio; how to manage it for performing maximum revenues avoiding the deterioration of the quality in the cup
- The coffee grinder doser purchase and management: choice, use, maintenance and possible anomalies caused into the espresso
- The espresso machine purchase and management: choice, use, maintenance and possible anomalies caused into the espresso
- The cappuccino quality and other espresso-based preparations
- The Italian Espresso service mode
- The practical part
- The evaluation through the sensory analysis of high-quality and poor-quality espresso resulting from different blends and different grinding levels
- The evaluation through the sensory analysis of high-quality and poor-quality espresso resulting from different parameters of the machine functioning
- The Italian Espresso Specialist monograph
- The Italian Espresso Trialcard and notebook
- The Cappuccino Form
- The Tasting, the professional tasting magazine
- The Italian Espresso and the Certified Italian Cappuccino
Only those who attended the Iiac License course can be admitted, upon appropriate verification, even if not registered yet (they will need to do it at that time), and who took the admission test (license theoretical test).
* Attending both the I.I.A.C. courses allows you to accomplish the qualification to serve the Certified Italian Espresso.